POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
The Student Handbook
This document is for information purposes only. Unauthorized reproduction in any form is strictly prohibited
Every PUP student is an extension and a reflection of the University. Hence, whether on or off campus, he/she is expected to be a model of the highest norms of behavior befitting a true scholar, a future professional, and a respectable citizen.
He/she is expected to know the philosophy, vision and mission of the University, the meaning of its logo, and the Imno ng PUP.
The PUP Philosophy
As a state University, the PUP believes that education is an instrument for the development of the citizenry and for the
enhancement of nation building. It believes that the meaningful growth and transformation of the country are best achieved in an atmosphere of brotherhood, peace, freedom, justice and a
nationalist-oriented education imbued with the spirit of humanist internationalism.
The Polytechnic University of the Philippines envisions itself as a pre-eminent national and international leader in higher education and an innovative global powerhouse of quality and relevant
education, dedicated to educating tomorrow’s leaders and scholars through the highest quality learning experiences and growth in instruction, research and service to our country and the
10-Point Vision Towards a Total University
Foster high quality campus environment;
Strategize and institutionalize income
Strengthen research, publications and creative works;
Model quality management and fiscal responsibility;
Improves sense of community involvement and linkages;
Institutionalize principles of academic freedom and
performance nationally and internationally;
8. Nurture and enrich cultural heritage;
9. Integrated Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with instruction, research, service and production; and
10. Evolve wholesome living and working environment for
faculty, employees and students.
The mission of PUP in the 21st century is to provide the highest quality of comprehensive and global education and community
services accessible to all students, Filipinos and foreigners alike. It shall offer high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that are responsive to the changing needs of the students to enable them to lead productive and meaningful lives.
PUP shall maintain its traditional mission based on its
founding philosophy and at the same time propose additional
changes that will greatly enhance the realization of this mission in the context of global society. Therefore, on the strength of the PUP Philosophy, the University commits itself to:
1. Democratize access to educational opportunities;
2. Promote science and technology consciousness and develop
relevant expertise and competence among all members of the
academic stressing their importance in building a truly
independent and sovereign Philippines;
3. Emphasize the unrestrained and unremitting search for truth and its defense, as well as the advancement of moral and
4. Promote awareness of our beneficial and relevant cultural heritage;
5. Develop in the students and the faculty the values of selfdiscipline, love of country and social consciousness and the need to defend human rights;
6. Provide its students and faculty with a liberal-arts based education essential to a broader understanding and
appreciation of life and to the total development of the
7. Make the students and the faculty aware of technological, social as well as political and economic problems and encourage them to contribute to the realization of nationalist industrialization and economic development of the country;
8. Use and propagate the National Language...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document